Administrator of the Specified Undertaking of The Unit Trust of India (SUUTI)
Information under Section 4 (1) (b) of The Right to Information Act, 2005
1) The particulars of its organization, functions and duties (Section 4(1)(b)(i) of RTI Act, 2005) SUUTI was formed by the restructuring of the erstwhile Unit Trust of India (UTI) into UTI Trustee Company Private Limited (acting through SEBI registered UTI Mutual Fund, UTI Asset Management Company Limited - as the Investment Manager) and the SUUTI. It came into effect w.e.f. 1st February, 2003 on the passing of the Unit Trust of India (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 2002("Repeal Act") which was gazetted on 18th December 2002. SUUTI has been entrusted with the responsibility of managing the schemes mentioned in Schedule I of the Repeal Act.
2)The powers and duties of its officers and employees.(Section 4(1) (b)(ii) of RTI Act, 2005) The Appointment, Powers and Functions of the Administrator of SUUTI are defined under Chapter III & IV of the Repeal Act.
3)The procedure followed in decision making process including channels of supervision and accountability.(Section 4(1)(b)(iii) of RTI Act, 2005)The procedure for decision making is documented in the Scheme which has been notified by Government of India (GoI) vide Gazette Notification dated 25th July, 2003 called the "Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (Management of schemes, Assets, Investment, term of office, fees, allowance and conditions of appointment of Advisors and Misc. provisions) Scheme, 2003.
4) The norms set by it for the discharges of its functions.(Section 4(1)(b)(iv) of RTI Act, 2005)
As set out in the Scheme.
5) The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions. (Section 4(1)(b)(v) of RTI Act, 2005) As set out in the Scheme.
6) A statement of categories of documents that are held by it or under its control. (Section 4(1)(b)(vi) of RTI Act, 2005)
SUUTI has the following categories of documents held by it:
1. Repeal Act, Gazette Notifications
2. Duly approved Annual Accounts of SUUTI which are Gazetted in Gazettes of India every year.
7) The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof. (Section 4(1)(b)(vii) of RTI Act, 2005) NIL
8) A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public. (Section 4(1)(b)(viii) of RTI Act, 2005)
The following are the members of the Board of Advisers of SUUTI:-
i) Dr. Kishore Sansi, Member
ii) Ms. Parama Sen, Member
iii) Ms. Vasantha Govindan, Member
Board of Advisers of SUUTI holds meetings at least 6 times a year. The Board of Advisors may also set up sub committees for a specific purpose from time to time. The meetings are not open to the public nor are the minutes of such meetings accessible for public.
SUUTI has no permanent employees and all deputationists are deputed from other institutions.
9) A directory of its officers and employees. (Section 4(1)(b)(ix) of RTI Act, 2005) The Administrator is appointed by the Central Government.
10) The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employee including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations. (Section 4(1)(b)(x) of RTI Act, 2005)
SUUTI is not paying any remuneration to any deputationist. Refer to information regarding employees and deputationists given in sr no 8
11) The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made. (Section 4(1)(b)(xi) of RTI Act, 2005)
No amount has been sanctioned from the Budget.
12) The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes. (Section 4(1)(b)(xii) of RTI Act, 2005)
SUUTI does not execute any subsidy programmes.
13) Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it. (Section 4(1)(b)(xiii) of RTI Act, 2005) Nil
14) Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form: (Section 4(1)(b)(xiv) of RTI Act, 2005)
Most of the information about SUUTI is available in electronic form on SUUTI’s website www.suuti.in
15) The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.(Section 4(1)(b)(xv) of RTI Act, 2005)
SUUTI has no library or reading room and the internal documents are duly gazetted. However, arrangements can be made for viewing of documents if and when necessary.
16) The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers. (Section 4(1)(b)(xvi) of RTI Act, 2005)
(a) Public Information Officer (PIO):- Shri Avinash Kumar, Vice President, 7th Floor, UTI Tower, BKC, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051. Tel :- 66786669, Fax no. 66786697, email:- email@example.com
(b) Transparency Officer (TO):- Ms. Vinutha Shetty, Senior Associate Vice President, 7th Floor, UTI Tower, BKC, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051. Tel no.:- 66786684, fax no. 66786697, email:-firstname.lastname@example.org
(c)Appellate Authority- Shri Purushottam M. Bandekar, Senior Vice President, SUUTI, 7th Floor, UTI Tower, BKC, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051. Tel. no.:- 66786526, fax no: 66786697, email: email@example.com
17) Such other information as may be prescribed. (Section 4(1)(b)(xvii) of RTI Act, 2005) Nil